Thursday, January 31, 2008

Are the conservatives willing to cut a deal for the good of the Party?

I have seen this time and time again in politics ... too many conservative candidates who split the vote. John McCain is not the conservative candidate. So that leaves Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee.

In order for the conservatives to win the nomination over John McCain, Romney and Huckabee are going to have to cut a deal with one another. Someone is going to have to drop out of the race ... but my bet is no one will be willing to sacrifice for the team. Backers are urging them on, no one thinks he is the weak link in the chain, and they continue.

If one of them does not drop out, conservatives will lose. And that's sad.

But if John McCain is the nominee, you will not see me pout, pick up my ball, and go home. For all the things I disagree with McCain about, my number one issue is national security. Thank goodness, he is strong on that. And I am willing to sacrifice for the team.

2 comments:

Isophorone said...

I agree with you mostly, but McCain still needs to do some outreach given his long history of getting conservatives ticked off. See this article from the Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120146652798920519.html?mod=opinion_journal_political_diary

Agitator said...

John McCain is NOT strong on national security. He only has one part of it right (the war) which means he has none of it right.