Sunday, October 15, 2006

Dancing with the mountains....

North Fork of Shenandoah River


View from Reddish Knob

Took a ride up to Reddish Knob today to observe the changing colors of the leaves and to just get away and clear my head from the nastiness of the political season. It was a beautiful Fall day, sunny, around 60 degrees ... which made it possible to see almost forever. The breeze had a chilly edge to it but the sun warmed me up as I looked out over the Massanutten and Blue Ridge Mountains as well as Harrisonburg, Dayton, and Bridgewater in the Valley. I snapped some photos to remember my day "dancing with the mountains"....

View from Reddish Knob


North Fork of Shenandoah River

2 comments:

James Atticus Bowden said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos. I live in Tidewater, but love the Piedmont, Mountains and The Valley just as much. Great to live here in God's Country.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

The mountains of Virginia are absolutely gorgeous and I was happy to share them with others through photos. Glad you enjoyed them. Peak leaf color should be this coming weekend.