Saturday, October 02, 2010

"I Will Survive" ... Royal Blue entertaining at Eric Cantor's Republican Round-Up - Live blogging

Waynesboro's own Royal Blue band is entertaining under the big tent at the Republican Round-Up, blasting out Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" disco hit of the 1970s ... and it's all I can do to keep from dancing at the keyboard to that toe-tapping tune. I know, I know ... spare me the disco jokes! This band plays a little bit of everything ... country, blues, contemporary ... so there's something for everyone.

Fellow Virginia blogosphere blogger Tom White with Virginia Right! is beside me, and Jane Dudley from Bearing Drift is roaming around somewhere with her camera.

The tent is filling up as folks get Brock's BBQ and find seats before Rep. Eric Cantor (R-7th CD) addresses the crowd from the stage. My parents are here with a bunch of their friends from Chesterfield as well as Luis Padilla from Broadway, and Barb and SWAC Husband.

The Ameicans For Prosperity "Spending Revolt" bus is parked in the lot with signatures from all over the U.S. down one side and up the other. Over the door is a signature many would recognize: "Stay Strong For Freedom! George Allen."

Just met Angela Kelly-Wiesek, Chairman of the Hanover Republican Committee. If you're in the area, come on out and enjoy a good time at the Republican Round-Up. Directions at the website. And if you're around and reading this, stop by and check the bloggers on the platform at the back of the tent.

More to follow ... I'm going to take some photos for a bit....

No comments: