Thursday, March 20, 2008

GOP condolences to 6th District Democrats on loss of their chairman

Democrat Sixth District Chairman David Layman, 60, of Botetourt, collapsed and died Tuesday at a meeting in Lexington, apparently of a heart attack. He had served as chairman for six years and vice chairman for four years.

Jim Crosby, former Botetourt Republican chairman and current 6th District GOP vice chairman, knew Layman and offered sympathy at the sad news. "My condolences to the David Layman family at this time of his passing with gratitude for his long-time service to the Democrat Party," he said.

Layman is survived by his wife, two children, and six grandchildren. The Sixth District Republicans send condolences to his family at this sad time.

Update: I received a statement of condolences from Fred Anderson, GOP Chairman, 6th District Congressional Committee:

"I regreat hearing of the death of my counterpart on the other side of the aisle. David Layman was a worthy adversery in the world of politics. My wife, Ann, joins me in sending heart-felt sympathy to his wife and family. May God grant them peace that passes all understanding."

No comments: