Thursday, March 11, 2010

What a wonderful world


Good read ... Window down and snow on the mountains from Jason at the Augusta Water Cooler. He wrote:
Yesterday as I was driving East on I64 headed to work, I was taken by what was occurring. I was driving with the window down enjoying the slightly warm comfortable breeze while looking at the snow still covering much of the mountains in full view.

This experience was somewhat surreal and it made me realize how much we don't enjoy the simple things in life such as the beautiful day and majestic scenery that God had blessed us with.
Jason is absolutely correct that we often get so caught up in life that we don't "stop to smell the roses." It reminded me of a framed print hanging on my living room wall from Valle Crucis, NC, that reads: "In the mountains we are one step closer to Heaven."

We returned home today after spending the better part of the week in Richmond with family to attend an aunt's funeral. I had the opportunity to enjoy some quality time with SWAC Niece who always brings joy to a day and who reminds me to relish the day and giggle at life.

Time spent with family ... it was good even if the circumstances were sad. Jason's post was the perfect read at the end of the day.

The Shenandoah Valley, the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Appalachians ... we are fortunate to live in a beautiful part of the Commonwealth enjoying the sweet Virginia breeze in these waning days of winter.

It's almost spring in the Shenandoah Valley....

Photo by SWAC Girl
Lynn Mitchell
2010

No comments: