Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Gold medalists Meryl Davis, Charlie White to headline 2014 'Dancing With The Stars'
The new season of "Dancing With The Stars," set to begin March 17, was unveiled Tuesday morning on "Good Morning America" with one of the most star-studded seasons in the show's history.
Headlining the new season and fresh off their Socci Olympic win to bring the first-ever ice dancing medal to America are Meryl Davis and Charlie White who will compete against each other for the first time in 17 years.
Others announced are:
- Danica McKellar, actress who played Winnie Cooper in "The Wonder Years"- paired with Val Chmerkovskiy
- Cody Simpson, 17-year-old Australian pop singer/song writer - paired with Witney Carson
- Billy Dee Williams, actor who as appeared in numerous movies including "Star Wars' - paired with Emma Slater
- Diana Nyad, world champion swimmer who recently swam 110 miles from Cuba to FL - paired with Henry Byalikov
- NeNe Leakes, clothing designer and one of the Housewives of Atlanta - paired with Tony Dovolani
- James Maslow, singer-actor and Nickelodeon star - paired with Peta Murgatroyd
- Sean Avery, former NHL player and first ice hockey player on DWTS - paired with Karina Smirnoff
- Drew Carey, comedian from "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" - paired with Cheryl Burke
- Candace Cameron Bure, actress who played DJ Tanner on "Full House" - paired with Mark Ballas
- Amy Purdy, champion Paralympian snowboarder who is a double amputee - paired with Derek Hough
- Meryl Davis will be paired with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Charlie White will be paired with Sharna Burgess
It's a varied cast and does not include a football player for the first time in a while. The professional dancers have been paired up with the celebrities but there will be a mix-up at some point where partners can be swapped as decided by viewers.