Wednesday, December 13, 2006

First On Race Day

I got a chuckle reading Norm at OMT as he responded to something Shaun Kenney had posted:

It will take me a couple of days to sort through all of his arguments. But one thing stands out as just dead wrong:

I choose to drive a Ford truck because Chevy trucks break down.

My dear Shaun....remember that Ford stands for "Fix Or Repair Daily."


Norm, you brought back a pleasant memory.

My dad, God rest his soul, worked for Ford. One day during my high school years, I told him that someone had said FORD stood for "Fix Or Repair Daily."

He smiled in his low-key way and said:

"Nope, they got it wrong. It stands for First On Race Day."

The past 30 years I've owned Volvos, Nissans, and Dodge vehicles but I now proudly drive ... a Ford.

5 comments:

Riley said...

Volvo is now owned by Ford, so you can feel free to purchase a Volvo without leaving the Ford family.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

LOL. Thanks! I wonder what my dad would say if he had been around to see Ford buy Volvo. He had already passed away when I bought my Volvo station wagon.

Shaun Kenney said...

Heh! Tell 'em!

I should qualify my statement: I will drive a Ford truck, but Ford cars are terrible to work on. I have an old 86 Ford F-150 that Mrs. Kenney hates, but I love it!

Roci said...

That's OK for SWAC girl to like Ford. Girls aren't expected to know anything about cars.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Like all good Southern girls ... I listened to my daddy. If Fords were good enough for him, they are good enough for me. :)