Saturday, November 10, 2007

Condolences to Donny and Marie Osmond ...

... on the death of their father, George, on Tuesday.

Go ahead. Laugh. Call me a nerd. I'm not ashamed. I love Donny and Marie and the Osmond Brothers.

I watched when they (and I) were young as they appeared on the Andy Williams TV Show. I admire their love of family and the fact they've stayed close.

I've seen them perform at the Richmond Coliseum. (Hey -- I saw the Jackson Five, too.) Later I saw them perform in NC. I have their music ... I sing along to their Christmas CD ... and have enjoyed being entertained by them throughout the years.

Their mother, Olive, passed away in 2004 ... and now they have lost the patriarch of the family that included eight boys and one girl.

My prayers and thoughts are with them at this sad time in their lives....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To the Osmond Family---particularly Donnie & Marie--I extend my deepest sympathy. I know your pain as I felt the same in triplicate, losing my fiance, Mom & Dad all within eight and one half months. It is not easy, but not impossible. Death ends a life not a relationship. You will hold him in your minds & hearts forever. Allow your faith to sustain you. I will be praying for you.
Major/Ret Karen R Bennington
San Antonio, Texas