Sunday, February 08, 2009

"Be Blessed" ... Sunday's uplifting music


We are certainly blessed in our church to have a talented praise and worship music leader ... and the song she sang today, Be Blessed, by contemporary gospel and inspirational singer Yolanda Adams, was so frank and honest that I asked about it after the service.

Sounding similar to songs I have heard from singer/songwriter Chris Rice, the lyrics successfully transferred into music while keeping the simple sincerity of the message. I pass it along to others who may find strength from the words.

Cause I spoke to God, I called out your name
And on your behalf, I just asked if He would be there for you
I want you to

Be Blessed, Don't live life in distress
Just let go, let God, He'll work it out for you
I pray that your soul will be blessed
Forever in his rest, Cause you deserve his best no less

No comments: