Friday, February 13, 2009

Call Mark Warner's office TODAY ... save Va's right-to-work status

Please call Mark Warner's office today and ask that he vote NO on the stimulus bill. There are numerous reasons why it should be voted against but one is the possibility of Virginia's right-to-work status being removed for any federally-funded projects in Virginia.

Mark Warner: (202) 224-2023
Jim Webb: (202) 224-4024
White House: (202) 456-1111


PLEASE ... call NOW!

Update: I called Sen. Warner's office and had to leave a message. When I contacted Sen. Webb's office, a young lady actually answered the phone and I asked that she pass along that I would like the Senator to vote "NO" on the stimulus bill. She asked for my zip code and thanked me.

PLEASE CALL. The bill didn't come out of the printer's until 11 pm last night which did not allow for 24 hours to read it much less the required 48 hours. Our Congress is voting on a bill that is 1,000 pages long. They have no idea what all is in this oink-oink package.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, Mark Warner just doesn't care about people like you. Expect a party line vote. Just like every one of his other votes.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

I agree. This is a last-ditch effort to try and get Virginians to jam Warner's phone line with their requests that he vote NO.

Sad circumstances we're in ... voting for a bill filled with pork that we aren't even aware of ... never thought I would see the day. Scary.

Isophorone said...

Some "moderates" Webb and Warner are turning out to be, eh?