Friday, January 13, 2012

Prayer requests across the miles



As I perused Facebook this morning, I came across a prayer request from a young man in North Carolina, one of the home school students who had been part of the home education organization during our years in that part of the world. I sent him my thoughts and prayers that I hope he finds peace and is able to work through this rough patch he finds himself going through.

I feel a special attachment to this young man because he's the same age as my son. In fact, he's the exact same age as my son because his mother and I were in the labor room in the hospital at the same time. We were the only two in delivery in that small rural town in western North Carolina that day and, at the time, we didn't know each other.

Seven or eight years later, we were involved in the local home school group and one day, as she and I stood in the park talking with other home school moms about various things, the subject of the boys' ages came up followed by birth dates ... and we made the connection. A special bond was there and lasts to this day even though we are miles apart.

So this morning my heart reaches out to that young man that I knew so well as a boy growing up with my son as I say a quiet prayer on his behalf. Here's hoping he finds answers and peace in his journey....

2 comments:

Bob K. said...

I join you in that prayer. Amen!

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Thanks, Bob. All prayer warriors are welcomed.... :)