Thursday, January 22, 2009

Notes from the General Assembly

By Del. Chris Saxman
R-20th House District

A quick greeting from Richmond!

Session is rolling along here, and there is lots of news to report. First, I am very pleased to announce that my budget amendment to defer textbook purchases for a year in order to save the Commonwealth $79 million is gaining broad, bi-partisan support. 16 Democrats in the House have already signed onto the amendment, including members of the House Democratic Caucus leadership. You can view the press release below.

As I mentioned in my last email, my 2009 Legislative Survey is now up on my website, and I hope you will take a moment to let me know your thoughts on some of the issues before us this session.

With the fast moving pace of the session, I am using various technologies to share news and information from session. I invite you to sign up to be my friend on Facebook or follow me on Twitter at saxman8091 to keep up to date on the latest.

Finally, I wanted to wish a very happy 48th Anniversary to my parents! 48 years ago today they were married in a blizzard in Boston, and my sisters and I are so grateful that they did.

As always, please feel free to email me any time to share you thoughts on the session, or if there is anything I can do to be of service.

Cross-posted at SixtyFour81.com

No comments: