Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back in the home school classroom: Moms supporting moms

The home school community is a special place of loving families who interact together more than others because moms are constantly on call 24/7 as they parent and teach their children at home.

Moms supporting moms is a strong foundation of the home school community, something I still benefit from even though my youngest graduated from home school high school three years ago.

Today a comment was left on my post, "Tropical depression batters Shenandoah Valley" from a home school mom in a nearby community who just wanted to leave a few words but not have her name published. I mention it because I want to thank her. She wrote:
I didn't know how to contact you and let you know how very much I appreciate your blog. I love the political updates. I have to say by the Lord's providence your posts that end "It's ______ in the Shenandoah Valley..." always lift my spirit, but often come when I NEED a little reminder of how beautiful our part of the country is. Thank you so much also for your encouragement of other homeschoolers.
Since I have no other way to contact her, I wanted to let her know that her words were a blessing to me and to thank her for taking the time in her very busy day to pass them along.

Home schooling is my first passion and I still enjoy interacting with those who ask for help. It is a freedom we must hold close because I feel that today's political climate will result in government going after free-thinking home schoolers who are not indoctrinated. Cherish this liberty and fight to preserve it.

No comments: