Tuesday, May 07, 2013

John Cosgrove for Virginia Senate

"I have heard the message from the residents of the 78th District loud and clear -- put partisanship aside and work with fellow lawmakers to help all Virginia residents." 
--Delegate John Cosgrove

John Cosgrove asks for your support in the Firehouse Primary this Thursday, May 9. For information about voting locations and anything else, check the John Cosgrove for Virginia Senate website.

About John Cosgrove:
Our nation, our state and our region is facing difficult times and lawmakers are facing increasingly difficult decisions that will touch the lives of Virginia residents everywhere. The most recent Legislative session was perhaps the toughest in my career as a state delegate. We had tough choices to make and in some cases, the decisions we made didn’t satisfy everyone.

Having said that, I have heard the message from the residents of the 78th District loud and clear-put partisanship aside and work with fellow lawmakers to help all Virginia residents.

With the announcement that Senator Harry Blevins is retiring from the Virginia Senate, I would like to announce my candidacy for the Virginia Senator representing the 14th District.

As your Delegate to the Virginia General Assembly, I have stood firmly on the side of creating jobs, improving our transportation infrastructure, improving the way in which our Commonwealth conducts business within the various state agencies as well as voting to hold the line on tax increases whenever and wherever possible.

It has been my honer and pleasure to serve you as your State Delegate in the 78th District and I ask for your support in my candidacy to become your next State Senator representing the 14th District.

No comments: