Saturday, May 4, the Frontier Culture Museum in Staunton welcomes spring with May Day at the Frontier Culture Museum. From Noon until 5:00 pm, special activities will be taking place at all the farms. Come out and join the fun!
- African Drumming and Dance on the West African Farm by Kevin and Hannah Catherine Munro
- May Pole Dance on the English Farm with Phoebe Williams
- Music at the Irish Farm by the Shenandoah Valley Pipe Band
- Music at the German Farm by the Jim Harrington Band
- Fishing for kids 15 years old and under in the pond behind the Irish Forge from 2:00PM to 5:00PM. Sponsored and operated by the Fraternal Order of Eagles Elliott’s Knob Aerie 680. Fishing poles and bait provided. (Private, personal poles tackle boxes are prohibited)
- Mummers plays and Hans Fingerhut performed throughout the afternoon.
Food and Beverage
Rick’s BBQ – BBQ etc.. and drinks
Blue Ridge Beverage CoorsLight
Craft and Other Vendors
Roberta Hamlin – weaving demo and sales of textiles and products
Cathy Comer – Baskets
Clyde Jenkins – baskets and apple trees
Larry Wills – Plant sale –
Jim Bordwine – Saltmaker and demo