Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Governor apologizes to his 'beloved Virginia'

Governor Bob McDonnell and Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling
Executive Mansion, January 2011

"Being Governor of Virginia is the highest honor of my 37 years in public service. I am deeply sorry for the embarrassment certain members of my family and I brought upon my beloved Virginia and her citizens. I want you to know that I broke no laws and that I am committed to regaining your sacred trust and confidence. I hope today's action is another step toward that end. 

"Virginia has never been stronger and I plan to focus on creating even more jobs and facilitating greater opportunity during the last five months of my term as your Governor. Our work together on education, transportation, pension reform, voting rights, and economic expansion has produced great results for Virginia." --Governor Bob McDonnell (July 23, 2013)

Cross-posted at Va Political Pineapple

Photo by Lynn R. Mitchell
January 2011 

No comments: