Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ag Secretary Matt Lohr heading to Farm Credit of the Virginias

Virginia's Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services Matt Lohr of Rockingham County, who was appointed by Governor Bob McDonnell in 2010, announced today that he would be leaving the administration in December to take a job with Farm Credit of the Virginias.

Lohr, 42, who served in the House of Delegates for the 26th House District from 2005 until his appointment as Ag Secretary, operates a 250-acre farm in the Shenandoah Valley. On Tuesday, he announced the career change on Facebook:
Serving as Virginia’s Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services these past four years has truly been one of the greatest honors of my life. After much prayerful consideration, I announced today that I will be stepping down in December as Governor Bob McDonnell’s administration draws to a close. I am very excited to be joining the good folks at Farm Credit of the Virginias as director of the Farm Credit Knowledge Center. Here I will have the opportunity to build relationships and serve as a resource for all types of farmers. I will also be able to work from Harrisonburg, which will allow me the chance to be at home much more for my two children.

It has been a wonderful opportunity working in state government over the last eight years. I will always be grateful for the experiences I have been given and I look forward to working hard for Virginia agriculture in the private sector!
Best wishes to Secretary Lohr.

No comments: