Friday, September 12, 2008

Rainy days, SWAC Niece, Ukrop's

SWAC Niece is under the weather with an oncoming cold but she stuck it out all day at school and passed her social studies test with flying colors. Woo-hoo! 

While she was at school, my sister and I roamed Richmond ... the Fan, Pleasants Hardware (old  Richmond ... but more about that later), VCU, downtown, Shockoe Slip, the Canal, Carytown, back across the river, Riverside Drive (my old stomping grounds), Pony Pasture, the river (nothing defines Richmond more than the James River), Cherokee Road, and out to Bon Air where I grew up for paninis at Ukrop's -- a Ukrop's that sits where Snead's Field was located which is where we went sleigh riding when I was a kid. I will have more to post later.

At all times of my life it's nice to go home again to spend time with family. Our family reunion is coming up in a few weeks and I will be there this year.

And as I look outside, the sun has come out in Midlothian....

No comments: