Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 and family....

I am in Richmond with family on this anniversary of 9/11. To me it is a day to pause and remember, watch the specials on TV, re-read accounts of that day, and give thanks ... we must not forget. It was the worst attack ever on American soil.

I enjoyed helping SWAC Niece with her homework tonight as we drilled social studies for a big test on Friday. She was only five years old when 9/11 occurred. We ended up watching a movie on TV with her stretched out on the sofa and her head on my lap ... those are the moments to savor.

Tomorrow it will not be over. It never goes completely away. We can never let our guard down.

9/11 ... may we never forget.

2 comments:

Jody L. Wilcox said...

Your mom spoke at the CCRC meeting last night about how the 9/11 tragedy effected your family and I was deeply touched.....

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

It had a profound effect on all my family because of my sister being in the White House when 9/11 occurred. We owe all to the members of Flight 93 who diverted and caused that plane to crash into the ground rather than hit the White House or the Capitol. If it had hit the White House, I would have lost my sister that day.

During the GOP National Convention, they showed a film about 9/11 ... and it all came to the surface for me again. I forget how much it effects me until I watch it again ... it changed my life and everything became more urgent.

The fact that the Chesterfield GOP took the opportunity to commemorate the anniversary of 9/11 says a lot about that committee. It was much appreciated.