Monday, July 02, 2012

Crossroads Tavern Inn offers help to storm victims


A personal note to all supporters in the Charlottesville area....

Friends and Supporters of the Albemarle Truth in Taxation Alliance,
 
As many of you know, in addition to being the Chairman of Albemarle Truth in Taxation Alliance I am co-owner of the Historic Crossroads Tavern Inn.  We are the large brick building at the former Albemarle County Fair site.

We were terrified for our youngest son, Sullivan, was was part of the Boy Scout group caught out in the damage in Swoope, west of Staunton.  They had to abandon the camp, leaving everything behind, including automobiles for some leaders.  But in the end he has returned safely home and here at the Inn, we have been blessed throughout the last three nights of storms to have only lost trees.  We have power and have suffered no significant damage.

I know that there may be many people still in less fortunate circumstances and although I doubt those in need will have email and I do apologize for this intrusion but this is the best way I know to reach as many people as I can quickly.

I had a large contingent depart from rooms today to return home leaving me with several rooms available.  If you know anyone in dire circumstances, especially an elderly person or anyone more susceptible to heat exposure, please contact me at info@crossroadsinn.com.

I have limited space and due to firecodes and insurance I cannot overload rooms, have pets and some other restrictions but I do not want to let these rooms go unused if there are still folks in need.

Hope everyone is safe and with their loved ones.

Jim Stern

The Albemarle Truth in Taxation Alliance (www.AlbemarleTruthInTaxation.org) is a Political Action Committee (PAC) registered with the Virginia State Board of Elections.  Its non-partisan mission is to promote more effective and efficient Albemarle County government, focusing on the budgeting process and taxation issues.  Since its founding in 2007, ATTA's efforts have resulted in millions of dollars in savings to taxpayers.
 
This email was not official business of the ATTA PAC and is not to be considered part of ATTA communication or actions.

No comments: