Friday, February 15, 2013

February 14: Trixie, Bob Goodlatte, Valentine's Day, and me

Valentine's Day was a great time to meet up with Trixie Averill, my "other" Valentine, so I headed to historic downtown Lexington on a gorgeous sunny day for some catching-up time and girl chat. Of course, when Trixie and I get together, the Valley rocks, and Thursday was no exception as we -- to paraphrase Tareq Salahi -- crashed Old Town Lexington at that eclectic restaurant known to locals, college students, and visitors ... the Palms
Trixie presented me with a Valentine plant, a beautiful Anthurium -- known as a Flamingo Flower -- with pink blooms and a pink heart cut-out.
Thanks, GOP Girl!

 As we were enjoying our lunch, I glanced at the corner TV and saw our very own Congressman Bob Goodlatte being interviewed. While others milled about and ate their lunches, we were probably the only two people in the place who paid any attention to the man on the TV ... two political junkies who had politics follow them to lunch.

It was a good Valentine's Day lunch ... just Trixie, Bob, and me.




The corner of Main and Nelson Streets.

Photos by Lynn R. Mitchell
February 14, 2013

No comments: