Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve ... a day of writing

 The Appalachian Mountains on New Year's Eve 2013.

It's New Year's Eve and I've been reading and writing much of the day.

On Christmas Eve I posted on my blog and then it happily went dark for the next week. Why? Let me count the ways.

Christmas, family, visitors, celebration, board games, cooking, baking, touring, gift wrapping, Christmas movies, holiday events, parents, children, babies, friends, neighbors, Christmas Town, Williamsburg, in-laws, joy.

We were excited to have my family celebrate a Shenandoah Valley Christmas this year at our house in Augusta County. For ten days we did all the above which left no desire to blog. My parents, son, daughter, son-in-law, sister, brother-in-law, niece, SWAC Husband, and friends were our joy during that time. I wasn't entirely silent during the past week, however, posting on Facebook on a regular basis throughout the holidays.

Today -- New Year's Eve -- everyone has returned to their homes. It's New Year's Eve afternoon in the Shenandoah Valley....

Photo by Lynn Mitchell
December 2013

No comments: