Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Shad Planking today.....

I was supposed to attend the Shad Planking in Wakefield today with Spank That Donkey and Johnathan Maxfield ... but stayed home because I was sick. Just talked with them on the phone as they were driving back and heard about their experiences.

They met up with Alton (I'm Not Emeril); saw Whitney Duff of Americans For Prosperity (AFP) and Delegate Chris Saxman from the 20th House District in the Valley. Spanky said Bill Bolling gave a great speech and concluded it with a remembrance of the victims of the Virginia Tech massacre by proclaiming everyone Virginians ... and then proclaiming everyone Hokies. His oldest son, Matt, graduated from VA Tech last May so they are part of the Hokie family.

Sorry I missed the fun but I'll be there next year....

2 comments:

Charlie Bishop said...

Sorry you are ill SWAC. I was looking forward to meeting you.

Spank and I (and Jeff, of course) discussed the possibility of a 20th/24th alliance during the campaign.

Please call upon me if there is anything I can do to help your excellent candidate.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

I'm sorry I missed you, Alton. I was looking forward to it....

We would be honored to join the 20th and 24th Senate Districts during this campaign. We are working hard as I know you are, too.

I'll catch you at the next event. :)