Monday, April 30, 2007

Shenandoah Valley ... Almost Heaven


(click on photos to enlarge)

I traveled the back roads of Augusta County today on another glorious spring day with temps in the low 80s. After visiting with friends I decided to meander through the western part of the county with the windows down and the wind blowing across my face ... it was almost Heaven.


The fields are very lush and green at this time of year, and the leaves are "greening up" on the mountains as the trees leaf out from the base of the hills upward.


I couldn't get enough of how beautiful everything was.


These longhorn cattle were in a field with a Civil War-era house in the background. A large bold stream was nearby with two white swans swimming in it, and bluebirds were busy along the fence line. I enjoyed my drive, just the wind and me ... and no cell phone service until I was almost home. I smiled when I saw there were messages backed up from my time away from it all....

No comments: