Friday, April 06, 2007

You're a Republican??? Part 4

You're a Republican??? Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

WHAT I AM ... is a movie go-er who is repulsed by those insecure, socially inept, elementary-thinking, ego-inflated "entertainers" who have appointed themselves "experts" in the fields of national security and geo-politics and then use their forum to attack this nation, its leaders and its actions ... much to the delight and encouragement of our enemies.

WHAT I AM ... is an American who understands the difference between "censorship" and "choice." Evidently, these individuals do not, because when these same "celebrities" receive public ridicule for their offensive actions, the first thing they yell is "Censorship!" What they seem incapable of understanding is ... the right of free speech and dissent is shared equally by those offended ... as well as those who offend. I support and will continue to support those films and performers whom I choose to ... and refuse to support those I don't. It is my right as an American ... a right I will continue to enthusiastically exercise.

More to come....

[By George J. Esseff, Sr. Originally appeared in the Washington Post October 20, 2004.]

No comments: