Saturday, April 07, 2007

Snow! ... in Midlothian ... on Easter weekend!

Easter weekend ... drove over from the Valley to visit with my folks who live in the Richmond area ... and I woke this morning to find snow all over the place ... in the Richmond area ... on April 7!

Yesterday after I arrived we walked around outside admiring everything blooming in my parents' yard. Today all those blooming things are covered in an inch or two of snow.

I remember once when I was around 12 years old when my Canadian cousins came to visit for Easter ... and the same thing happened. I remember driving to my grandparents' house for Easter dinner with snow all over the ground. I was telling that to my 11-year-old niece a while ago as she and I laughed about the Easter bunny having to wear snowshoes in his journeys tonight ... and then concluded that he already had his on....

Back in the Valley my son reported snow showers last night but it wasn't sticking when I talked with him at midnight.

It's supposed to warm to the upper 40s later today so the snow won't last long. I've already taken photos to remember it in the event we go another 25-30 years before there's another white Easter in Richmond.

No comments: