Monday, December 03, 2012

Bill Bolling says 'thank you' to his supporters


Friends,

Just a quick note to say “Thank You” to the hundreds of people who have reached out to Jean Ann and me over the past week.  We truly appreciate the thoughtfulness you have shown us in the days following the decision to suspend my campaign for the Republican Party’s nomination for Governor of Virginia. 

As I’ve said before, this was a very difficult decision for me – probably the most difficult personal or professional decision I’ve ever had to make.  However, I know it was the right decision and we are at peace with the decision we made. 

I wish all of our candidates well as they move forward with their campaigns in 2013.  I encourage them to keep their focus on the issues that matter most to the people of Virginia and offer a positive vision for the future of our state. 

I truly want to see the Republican Party rebuild and become a big tent party that can win elections and get things done to better the people of Virginia.  That's what Governor McDonnell and I have done, and the results speak for themselves.


That's why I intend to focus on being a more independent voice for Virginia in the months to come, speaking out more objectively on the important issues facing our state and on the future of the Republican Party. 


My focus will now turn to the upcoming General Assembly session and the work that remains to be done in the McDonnell/Bolling administration.  Governor McDonnell and I have accomplished a lot over the past three years, but we have a lot of work left to do and we won’t stop working until we turn out the lights on January 11, 2014.


Thanks again for your friendship, confidence and support.  If I don’t see you before the holidays, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.


Sincerely,

Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling

No comments: