Our country and military now more vulnerable
I place what happened Tuesday squarely on the shoulders of the mainstream media. They sold a bill of goods ... and gullible Americans bought it with the help of liberal democrats. Suppress the good news, pump up the bad news, and you will have a public that catches the 30-second sound bite and misses the rest.
Think about it....
- We're in the best economy in years even after we were slammed on 9/11 and faced the possibility of our country spiraling into a Depression. However, under the leadership of President George W. Bush, we pulled it out and rose to new heights. But are you reading or hearing about it in the news?
- After 9/11 we feared for the safety of our country and our families. Security was our number one priority. It still is in my book ... but many have forgotten those dark days when we lost 3,000 innocent souls to Muslim extremists on a jihad to kill Americans ... a jihad that is still in existence to this day.
- Unemployment is the lowest in five years ... but are you reading or hearing about it in the news?
- The stock market has hit several new records by going over 12,000 the past weeks but there's been barely a whimper on the front pages of national newspapers (yet, remember when it surpassed 10,000 during the Clinton years and we rightly heard it ballyhooed?);
- President George W. Bush is an honorable Christian man who has the welfare of the American people as the driving force behind his Presidency ... yet the press hardly mentions him in a positive light. They constantly pound on the negatives.
- Our military men and women are under fire in Iraq and Afghanistan ... yet there's no news of all the good that they are accomplishing. We hear it from the soldiers when they return ... but we don't hear it from the media.
Prepare yourself for the following: higher taxes, higher unemployment, terrorism on our shores again, and two years of dems battling amongst themselves to be at the top of the heap. I hope I'm wrong ... time will tell.
So the 30-second sound bites and mud-slinging by the democrat liberals worked.
The casualty that bothers me the most is ... Senator George Allen. After years in public service ... after all the good he has done for the Commonwealth of Virginia as an honorable servant of the people ... he ends up catching the brunt of the lib mud-slinging that now defines their campaigns. To this day I still ask people ... what does Jim Webb stand for? And most shrug their shoulders and don't know. They just wanted "a change." To the unknown?
America ... what have you done?
From the battlefield comes a letter from one of our soldiers after hearing Tuesday's election results. He, too, is asking what happened ... and addresses Americans in general.
"I hope you are satisfied with what you have done...
Today in the mess hall, where there is usually jovial conversation, there was silence, long faces, and broken spirits... Everyone, to include all American soldiers, marines, sailors, airmen, Iraqi Nationals, Bulgarian Soldiers, etc, etc... was speechless, tired, demoralized and stunned.... all ate in eerie silence.....
Last night, while we watched the press conference with the President, there was utter disgust, and the common feeling amongst us all that we soldiers are now the loneliest people on Earth.... we fight an enemy over here, and we have a country full of enemies to go home to that are our countrymen. We watched President Bush say his own political funeral, our commander and chief.. as well as ours..... He tried so hard to spin it, but... well.. there is no way to soften such a morale blow.
While you sit and Monday morning quarterback what we work so hard to do for you out here, just know that the spirit of your team is wounded..... YOU liberals, you America have done a great job of demoralizing us... Thank you.
Do us a favor though, when we do come home, spare us the ceremony....... We all now know that it is a bunch of crap, and what you think of us.......
I have to say that right now, I would rather be a pussy ass Frenchman, even though they have no will to fight, at least they have the balls to make a decision and stick with it...... They stuck to their guns about staying out of this war, even if it was the wrong decision......America on the other hand, goes off half cocked, and when the decision appears to be a hard one, or something that might cost a little bit, they turn tail and run.....
WHAT A NATION OF PUSSIES!!!!
This week I am NOT proud to say that I am an American..........I think it is obvious why... See, we just have told the world that we are not a nation of people who are tough, and will fight for what we believe in... We have told the world that we are a giant coward that will shy away from any difficult challenge...
So, while you eat your cheetos, and sit there and watch your lazy ass get fatter, dumber and happier Joe Citizen.. Just remember this, I, and all my comrades paid a dear price to come this far and have you decide that we should fail...
Realize this, because of your action this week America.... do not expect so many men to be so willing to stand up for your next little whim just to be cut down in the middle of it all............
Realize this also.. you have just put a heavy price on the heads of us all...... Now that we are branded as cowards, we are an easy target, oh so inviting for the taking....... I swore to protect your children in your beds.... yet you fling the door wide open in spite of me to invite the scourge.... Well.... have it your way then.
Because of this, September 11th will soon be overshadowed by these same enemies.. my advice to you is get your lazy, self centered ass up and make peace with your God, and your family.. cause, time will come when they may not be there for you................Because you kicked me in the teeth, and so many others, I know I won't any more.. "
May God bless our military, our President, and our Country. I will continue to thank and honor them on the street against the anti-war protestors who want to take this country down the same road as they did during Vietnam.
Stay strong for freedom!