Sunday, November 26, 2006

To post ... or not to post....?

I'm relatively new to the blogosphere so I'm still learning the ins and outs and the protocol of this alternative communication tool.

The main thing I've learned is that apparently the blogging world is populated by mostly 20-something liberals (the same age as my, thankfully, conservative children) with time on their hands to blog, blog, blog. They troll (I think that's the term) conservative sites and then attack with comments and raging attacks and curse words. It's interesting the limited vocabulary of many of those bloggers since they have to resort to curse words so often and so liberally.

It's also interesting that many conservative bloggers are family-oriented so they have a life other than blogging.

Soon after starting SWAC Girl I had to begin moderating comments because of the sea of sewage that began drifting my way. It's still going on so I'm nowhere near being able to unmoderate.

There was recently an EXCELLENT post on United Conservatives that I totally agreed with concerning this subject:

Ok, listen-up TROLLS!

This web site is not a Democracy, it’s a benevolent dictatorship. I think we’ve demonstrated over the last few weeks an extraordinary amount of patience with your foul language and your name-calling.

You have no right to freedom of speech here. We ALLOW you to come here and express your opinion, but you don’t have a RIGHT to be heard. I will allow most left-wing comments to pass because they are instructional on what crazy opinions the left has.

However, there is no law saying I have to let you sit back and verbally abuse the posters to this site, especially swearing personal ones. So comments are now moderated.

Read the rest here. All I can say is "ditto."

4 comments:

Jerry Fuhrman said...

It would be interesting to have a study done to find out the age difference between "them" and "us." When I attended the Blog Conference in Martinsville a few months ago, I was struck by the fact that the lefties in attendance were very young and the conservatives there were ... adults. And then we had Alton Foley and Carl Kilo, who are very very old - but level-headed ... unlike the kids that were there.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

LOL! I may have to attend one of those blog conventions one of these days to meet some of these young folks who are the same age as my children. I can almost tell from the posts the ages of bloggers....

I enjoy "From On High" and especially your personal commentary.... Don't stop! Thanks for coming by SWAC Girl!

Spank That Donkey said...

Swac Girl:
I think it is your natural enthusiasm and cheery outlook that must drive the Libs to curse you...

Wear it like a "badge of honor"... You are getting under their thin skin :-)

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Thanks, Chris. I think that's one of the nicest things you've ever said to me... :)