Friday, November 17, 2006

Media bias and its role in elections....

Mainstream media got its man elected

So now we hear about how S. R. Sidarth was really treated by the Allen camp?

Now?

Barely a week after the election that took down one of the hardest-working public servants for Virginia conservatives ... we are finally reading the rest of the "macaca" story.

In a Sunday Washington Post op-ed, I Am Macaca, Sidarth wrote, "Everywhere I went, though I was identifiably working on behalf of Allen's opponent, people treated me with dignity, respect and kindness. I cannot recall one event where food was served and I was not invited to join in the meal."

Scripps Howard News has a related story. So two news outlets have picked up on this already ... why not before the election?

Stay tuned for more great news from the MSM ... they will probably now discover the economy is great, unemployment is the lowest in five years, yada yada yada.

Media bias ... don't preach to me about fair and balanced and how Fox News is right-wing. This is a subject I intend to pursue.

3 comments:

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Light Horse, amazing the connection wasn't made public in the MSM before Election Day, isn't it...?

Anne Taetzsch Fitzgerald said...

You know what else, not only is the economy doing well, but suddenly our mission in Iraq will be a noble one. Sheesh.

I am so sick of the MSM. And I love how the MSM does everything within their power to discredit legitimate, credible, reliable news sources, like Fox, b/c they are so threatened by opposition. They are so extreme in their opinions and believe that unless you think explicitly like them, you must be a right-wing wingnut. They do not leave open room for debate. It's their way or the highway.

Look at the Slantin' MisLeader. I wish we could convince folks to just simply cancel their subscriptions. Hit them where it hurts. Get advertisers to advertise in the NewsVA instead.

We need an alternative newspaper in this region.

cafe de emporia said...

Here, here!