Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Campaign aftermath....

Work doesn't end on Election Day

Election Day and the work of the campaign is over, right? Wrong.

It's a week later and I'm still at it ... moving equipment and furniture out of GOP headquarters, returning borrowed items to their owners, vacuuming, sweeping, cleaning toilets, hauling trash ... my basement looks like an office-supply explosion with boxes, signs, chairs, posters, American flags. I will need to clear it out pronto with the holidays coming up. And then there's the paper work ... records to organize and file and store ... volunteer names to categorize, sign location lists to keep.

And the emails! I had 650 in my "in" box ... I simply didn't have time in the rush of the election to read through so many. I've whittled them down to 93 that need my prompt attention. If someone wrote and hadn't heard from me, your email probably got buried in the pile ... please resend it. Thank you notes are being written to volunteers; plans for a party to thank our hard-working folks is in the works.

The toil of a campaign doesn't end on Election Day, even for volunteers....

2 comments:

cafe de emporia said...

The Few. The Proud. The Conservative Volunteer.

Anonymous said...

There are those who are dedicated election to election. Thank you for your work. You may not hear it but know it is appreciated by many.