Thursday, July 26, 2007

From Yankee Phil: "Tag ... you're it!"

I find it interesting how my computer is like a magnet sometimes, pulling me to it when I'm in the middle of something else. Today I came in the house from working outside in my flowers ... and just had to check to see if anything was going on.

That's when I read the message from Yankee Phil that I had been "tagged." I have never been tagged before when these games have gone around the internet.

I read what Citizen Tom said yesterday after he was tagged ... he's not into chain letters or chain "tags" ... and I'm not usually into that type of thing either.

But, interestingly, I've enjoyed reading little factoids about fellow bloggers.

So ... I'm in! :)

Okay, here are the rules: “List eight habits or facts about yourself, then tag eight more people.”

1) I'm really an introvert who makes myself be an extrovert.

2) A good friend was killed at the age of 18 by a drunk driver.

3) I'd rather be around a campfire in the mountains than in the swankiest restaurant.

4) My most satisfying accomplishment as an adult was overcoming my fear of public speaking.

5) My great-grandmother was a Boone ... yes, related to that Boone.

6) As a kid my best friend's dad did the sound system at the Mosque (now Landmark Theater) in Richmond for rock groups so we saw concerts for free. I saw Dave Clark 5; Peter, Paul & Mary; Bill Deal & the Rhondels; and many others.

7) Music touches me ... I play the guitar & piano ... John Denver was my favorite singer. (Saw him perform at Red Rocks, CO; Wolf Trap Theater in Vienna several times; Charlotte, and Richmond.)

8) I love being a mom.

I now tag:

In-Politically Correct (Elle)

Deo Vindice (Jim)

United Conservatives of Virginia (Flora)

United Conservatives of Virginia (Cargo Squid)

United Conservatives of Virginia (F22 Strike)

Bacon's Rebellion (Jim)

Win the War! (Josh)

Raw Cool (Jim)

No comments: