Thursday, July 05, 2007

"The moon and the stars are the same ones you see...."

Full moon over Boulder, Colorado
30 June 2007


In 1982, under the stars of Red Rocks Ampitheater outside Denver, John Denver talked of his recent trip to China. In a conversation with his wife Annie, back home in Aspen, he commented that he was looking at the same moon and sun and stars that she was looking at ... and a song was born.

While SWAC Daughter and I continue our time with family in Colorado, John Denver's words come to mind as I talk on the phone with my husband and son back home in Staunton, Virginia. Colorado is two hours behind Virginia time ... but still these words come to mind....

The moon and the stars are the same ones you see,
It's the same old sun up in the sky,
And your love in my life is like Heaven to me
Like the breezes here in old Shanghai.

Words & music by John Denver, 1982
Photo by SWAC Daughter

No comments: