Friday, October 12, 2007

Bolling dismisses 1st District Congressional seat....

STATEMENT OF LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR BILL BOLLING ON FIRST CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT VACANCY

RICHMOND - Recent media and blog articles have reported that Lieutenant Governor Bolling may be considering a possible candidacy for the United States Congress in the First Congressional District. Given these reports, Lieutenant Governor Bolling has issued the following statement:

“Over the past several days, I have received a great deal of encouragement from business and political leaders throughout Virginia and in Washington, DC to consider running for the United States House of Representatives in the First Congressional District. I am deeply flattered by their belief that I would make a good Congressman and serving in the United States Congress would be a tremendous honor.

“However, as Lieutenant Governor of Virginia and as President of the Senate of Virginia, my full attention is currently directed toward the upcoming General Assembly elections and doing everything I can to make certain that we retain our Republican majorities in the State Senate. Given the importance of the position I currently hold at this critical time in Virginia history, it would not be appropriate for me to consider running for any other political office.

“I am confident that the people of the First Congressional District will find a suitable candidate to replace Congresswoman Jo Ann Davis, who did an outstanding job representing the First District in Congress. My thoughts and prayers continue to be offered for Jo Ann’s husband, Chuck, and their sons. I wish them all the best during this difficult time in their lives.”

No comments: