Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pete Stark apologizes to President Bush

"I want to apologize first of all to my colleagues, many of whom I have offended, to the president, his family, to the troops that may have found (offense) in my remarks as were suggested in the motion that we just voted on, and I do apologize. ... With this apology I will become as insignificant as I should be and we can return to the issues that do divide us but that we can resolve."
-- Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA) after making comments last week suggesting President Bush was sending troops to Iraq to get their "heads blown off for his amusement"

According to Fox News:
The apology came after the House voted 196-173 with eight members voting present to table a resolution introduced by House Minority Leader John Boehner censuring Stark.
See if the MSM reports on this....

2 comments:

CR UVa said...

I'll note that he said "to the troops that may have found (offense) in my remarks". This is far from a sincere apology; it is only to save face.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

I agree. However, I've got to admit I was surprised because this guy is usually so in-your-face and doesn't care ... but to actually face a vote of censure from the House must have been a wake-up call.