Monday, September 01, 2008

Trading pins at the convention....

He walked up to me last night at the delegate welcome reception at the Minneapolis Convention Center, peered at the collar of my shirt and asked, "Do you want to trade pins?" I looked at him like he had just spoken a foreign language ... trade pins? What was he talking about?

He said, "I like that pin," and pointed to my combination USA-Virginia flag. I think I physically drew back as if he had hit me ... he wanted my VIRGINIA flag? No way!

And then he told me where he was from. Arizona. Arizona ... the state of John McCain!

Trade on!

I still reluctantly handed over my home state flag but it was replaced with the flag of the next President of the United States. I proudly pinned it on.

His name was Bill Bridwell and he is 2nd Vice Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party. Somewhere around Arizona, my pin will be making the rounds.

Good trade.

No comments: