Thursday, January 01, 2009

Hello 2009 ... from Glenn Beck

From conservative radio talk show host Glenn Beck....

January 01, 2009

Hello 2009!

I'll have to check my calendar, but I'm pretty sure that 2008 had 62 months in it. At least that's how it felt. There were more projects this year than any before, and I fear it will pale in comparison to the year that lies ahead. On January 19th I'll launch my new live 5:00 pm show on the Fox News Channel, and there are a bunch of other exciting things coming in 2009 that I can't even tell you about just yet (mostly because I'll start to get pre-tired).

But there's time for all that and more. Right now, I want to look back at 2008 and feel blessed for having made it through -- these have been some of the toughest times any of us have ever lived through, and we're still standing.

As I've been talking about this year, I keep repeating this line from the last Rocky movie that says something like, "It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." Rocky says that's how winning is done, and I think it also speaks to the very heart of being an American. I got hit, you got hit, but we took it on the chin and we keep moving forward to the next year...toward life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I never lose sight of those very worthy goals -- they're as essential now as they've ever been.

So as you and I say goodbye to 2008, I'll say thanks again for yet another great year and I'm glad we're greeting 2009 together. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Have a happy and healthy 2009!

-glenn

Tune in Monday, January 5th as Glenn returns to the airwaves. Click here to find a radio affiliate near you.

No comments: