~Rt. 250 loses 30-foot section of roadway~
The weekend flooding in the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding mountains took a toll on Rt. 250 on the western side of Afton Mountain between Waynesboro and the mountain top. A huge chunk of highway fell away in a "slope failure" which could also be called a mudslide. See this News-Virginian photo by Rosanne Weber.
Cleanup and roadway repairs are underway after the weekend's downpours caused flash flooding in the central Shenandoah Valley. More photos of the January 2010 flood waters:
- Middle River floods in central Shenandoah Valley
- 2010 ... more flash flood photos from Augusta County
- Flash floods in Augusta County
- Parts of Shenandoah Valley under water ... schools closed, roads flooded
- After the storm ... a rainbow