Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


My mom is an inspiration. She was a woman in a man's world, holding down a sales job in the moving business while I was growing up.

Mom grew up during World War II and knows that almost anything can be accomplished if we're willing to work hard enough for it. She lived through the Great Depression and World War II, part of a large family that had little money but learned to achieve anyway.

She instilled in my two sisters and me a work ethic that propels us to achieve all we can achieve. She taught us to work hard. She taught us that any job worth doing was worth doing 150%. She taught me to learn all I could about every job situation; if I finished my task early, help someone else with theirs because it would teach me a new skill.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

Encore post from 2007.

No comments: