Thursday, April 08, 2010

Waterfalls, the mountains, and SWAC Niece

Falling Spring Falls in Alleghany County was at full force today. Winter snow and plenty of rain has filled rivers and streams throughout western Virginia.

SWAC Niece was awed by the view. We took a picnic and spent part of the day roaming the mountains.

Interesting information about Falling Spring Falls.

I took a photo of SWAC Niece taking a photo ...

... and then the rain moved in so we reluctantly headed home.

Photos by SWAC Girl
Lynn Mitchell
8 April 2010

4 comments:

Charlie Fugate said...

Great pictures. I love the view in the last one!!!

Joy Jackson said...

Just beautiful!

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Thanks, Charlie. As I took that last photo, rain was spitting on me and, shortly afterward when I was safely back in my vehicle, the bottom dropped out and we had a rainy drive back home.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

We live in such a beautiful area, Joy. Virginia is a gorgeous state anyway with the best of both worlds ... the beach and the mountains ... and we are blessed to live in the Shenandoah Valley in the shadow of both the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains.