Friday, May 23, 2008

The American flag against the Blue Ridge Mountains

American flag and Virginia state flag stand out in the stiff breeze of the Shenandoah Valley on Thursday.

While in Stuarts Draft Thursday SWAC Husband and I stopped at the Little Debbie factory outlet store to pick up half-price treats for the young people who will be in and around our house the next two weeks. There was a stiff breeze again, something that has been a daily occurrence the past week.



The Blue Ridge Mountains were behind the flag (at bottom).

Flags in front of McKee Bakery in Stuarts Draft, VA.

Better view of the Blue Ridge Mountains behind McKee Bakery.

In front of the McKee factory where Little Debbie cakes are made was a huge flag pole with an American flag on top. The sky was deep blue with white clouds ... and the sight of that American flag against the sky and the mountains was beautiful. I grabbed my camera. It seems especially right as we go into the Memorial Day weekend....

I grabbed my camera. It seemed especially right as we go into the Memorial Day weekend....

A friend told me about the Little Debbie outlet store when I was the home school teen coodinator for the local support group. I would have teen events at my house with upwards of 50 kids in attendance ... so I would buy varieties of Little Debbies for them after cookouts or pizza parties. Once I discovered the outlet it was much more affordable.

Photos by SWAC Girl

No comments: