Thursday, March 26, 2009

Musician Dan Seals ... 1948-2009

His music is on the shelves at my house. He had two music careers ... one in the 1970s as "England Dan" with the group, England Dan and John Ford Coley ... which produced hits such as "I'd Really Like to See You Tonight" and "Nights Are Forever."

Ahhh -- music from the '70s....

Then he revived his music career by returning to his country roots in the 1980s and '90s and, yes, that sits on my shelf, too. My favorite of his country hits was "Meet Me in Montana," a duet he performed with Marie Osmond, but I also liked "Bop," a great sing-along with friends.

Dan Seals, who was diagnosed two years ago with lymphoma, has died from complications at the age of 61.

Thanks for the music ... and thanks for the memories.

H/T Virginia Virtucon

No comments: