Monday, June 29, 2009

Democrat energy czar did not read entire cap-and-trade bill

Monday morning on Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, co-anchor Steve Doocy talked with Obama Administration Energy Czar Carol Browner (video):
STEVE DOOCY: "[I] know the bill is over 1,000 pages long. Have you have read it?"

CAROL BROWNER: "Oh, I'm very familiar with this bill."

DOOCY: "Have you read it?"

BROWNER: "We have obviously been watching this for a very long time. I am very ..."

DOOCY: "I'm sure you've got an idea of it, but you have read it?"

BROWNER: "I've read major portions of it, absolutely."

DOOCY: "So the answer no you haven't read it. But you've read a big chunk of it."

BROWNER: "No, no, no that's not fair. That's absolutely not fair."

DOOCY: "No, I'm just asking you if you read the thousand pages."

BROWNER: "I've read vast portions of it."

DOOCY: "Ok."
-- Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends," 6/29/09

H/T Republican National Committee

No comments: