Saturday, June 06, 2009

Happy Birthday, Congressman Eric Cantor

Got a phone call from my mom this evening saying they had attended Congressman Eric Cantor's birthday party at the Science Museum earlier today with several hundred other people. She said they had a wonderful time and enjoyed hearing from their Congressman.

She relayed the story of the event ... when they first arrived, she and step-dad found a table that had a couple sitting at it and asked if they could join them. While sitting there, Mom recognized a young lady with a big camera taking photos so when she walked by, Mom asked if she was a blogger because she had seen her last weekend at the RPV Convention at the Coliseum.

Why yes, the young lady responded ... she was Jane Dudley of Conservativa and Bearing Drift blogs. Mom told Jane that she was "SWAC Girl's mom," at which the lady across the table turned to her husband and said, "It's SWAC Girl's mom!"

It was Tom White and his wife, Sharon. Tom has the VA Right blog and sat beside me on Bloggers Row last weekend for the convention. That started a bogger conversation....

Received an email from Tom telling me he enjoyed meeting my folks.

What a small world.

Happy Birthday, Congressman Cantor!

2 comments:

Tom said...

I had no idea your Mom was over 80. She is a really amazing lady. She reads every blog in the state and is ready and willing to give a detailed listing of who got it right and who got it wrong. I agreed with 100% of her opinions, too. The whole table had a very lively conversation while helping wish Eric Cantor a happy birthday. Hope I run into them both at future events. I look forward to it.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Tom, glad you got to meet my folks. Mom has a running list of the bloggers and she reads their comments and opinions ... and she rates them on BNN. She's the conservative, blogosphere-surfing granny from the Greatest Generation keeping an eye on what is being written by citizen journalists.

I'm sure you'll see my folks again as they show up often at political events especially for the Congressman who generously provides events throughout the year for his constituents.