Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bill Cosby says Obama should have stayed out of police issue

"If I’m the president of the United States, I don’t care how much pressure people want to put on it about race, I’m keeping my mouth shut.” --Comedian Bill Cosby, 7/23/09

Words of wisdom from Bill Cosby about the huge controversy that has erupted after Barack Obama, in the unscripted portion of Wednesday night's press conference, said that Cambridge, Massachusetts, police "acted stupidly" in an arrest of an unruly citizen.

Interviewing with Boston radio WZLX, Mr. Cosby said:

On a Boston radio program this morning, Bill Cosby suggested that President Obama spoke too soon on the controversial arrest of Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates.

“I’ve heard about five different reports [on the details of the arrest],” Cosby said on Boston’s WZLX. “If I’m the president of the United States, I don’t care how much pressure people want to put on it about race, I’m keeping my mouth shut.”

“I was shocked to hear the president making this kind of statement,” Cosby said referring to the president’s remarks during last night’s press conference.
Listen here to the entire interview.

No comments: