Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hey, Phil ... in a word, "yes"

Fellow SWAC blogger Yankee Phil asked a question: Do other bloggers get into these non-blogging moods?

In a word, the answer is "yes."

It's time to enjoy the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer! Your boys are out of school, Scout camps are going on, family vacations are in high gear, the pool and lake are calling, the mountains in this area are always calling ... who wants to spend all day in front of a computer if you don't have to?

Best of all, it's not a job but a hobby so we don't have to!

Enjoy. You'll get your groove back soon enough ... probably when school goes back into session and family routines go back on a regular schedule.

Meanwhile ... give your fingers a holiday, answer the call of the mountains, and have fun following your boys on a hiking trail. It's summertime!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for support.

Tom White said...

My wife wishes I would be in a mood where I don't feel like blogging. I have to hold myself back some days. Often, I can talk myself out of doing a blog by looking at some of the other great blogs in Va. (like SWAC girl and Yankee Phil). Often, you have already said what I was going to say. So I feel like I got it out of my system vicariously.

Meanwhile, I just got back from the Hanover Tomato Festival helping out at the Hanover GOP committee booth. I took pictures, passed out stickers and spoke to a lot of folks on behalf of our 3 state candidates. Ken Cuccinelli showed up around 1 or so and I helped bring in people to meet Ken. HE sure looks tired and is fighting off a cold. But the family calls and I agreed the post will wait until later. But 50,000 people showed up including Steve with Family Foundation. Traffic was a nightmare in and out.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Tom, I know EXACTLY what you're saying. Some days I have so much I want to write about ... but there is no time. Writing has always been cathargic for me and blogging answers that need. I have joked that it's like writing a letter to the editor every day of the week.

And photos ... they are my window on the world. I see clouds or trees or mountains and want to capture that memory in a photo.

Wow, the Hanover Tomato Festival sounds as if it was a HUGE success! I look forward to reading your post about it and possibly seeing any photos you may have taken.

Meanwhile, I enjoy reading your well thought-out posts. Keep up the good work!

Tom White said...

Thanks! We had a great day. Still recovering. Ken Cuccinelli is such a great guy, I wish Bob and Bill were there. Bill lives closer than I do to the park!

And I love your pictures. You have a good eye for the interesting. And with the outrageous things going on every day, I don't think you could hold out for long before you either pound out a blog, or let your head explode.

You also find the overlooked angles on so many issues. Perhaps it's the woman's perspective part of the time, but mostly just keen observation.

Keep up the good work. It looks like it is really paying off.