Saturday, November 07, 2009

Staunton's newest restaurant ... Hibachi

Hibachi Sushi & Supreme Buffet

Got a text from my friend Jason on Thursday asking if I'd like to meet for lunch. We decided to check out Staunton's newest restaurant, Hibachi Sushi & Supreme Buffet, on the hillside overlooking Richmond Avenue (beside Wal-Mart and across from Martin's Food Store).

Located at the former Ryan's, the inside had been renovated into an airy dining area with buffet offerings that included just about everything Chinese ... sushi, hibachi, noodles, rice, Chinese veggies, sweet-and-sour chicken, honey chicken, and much more. They also offer something for those who want American fare ... fried chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies, wings, pizza, yeast rolls, garlic bread. There's desserts ... ice cream, tapioca pudding, pastries, cream puffs ... and a variety of salads, jello, and fruits. Wait staff kept beverage glasses filled throughout the meal.

Cost for the lunch buffet is $6.50 per person. Add a drink for $1.50 and with $0.88 Staunton city meals tax, the total is $8.88.

My friend and I talked for a very long time over an extended, leisurely meal that was completed when we were presented with fortune cookies. He cracked open his, read the fortune inside, and smiled. I waited a minute and then asked, "What did it say?" He handed it to me and I read:
"Frequent conversations will fill your heart with joy."
Dang cookie spoke the truth.

Hibachi Sushi & Supreme Buffet
103 Community Way
Staunton, VA 24401
Phone: (540) 886-8888

Photo by SWAC Girl
Lynn Mitchell
5 November 2009

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Went with wife and kiddies. Buffet was typical, but the Hibachi grill was goooooooooood.

Jason Bibeau said...

SWAC Girl is too kind, I chewed her ear for hrs about how mad I am a the MORONS in DC, but she is right about the food, I'll go back.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

*That's what friends are for....*

I did my fair share of griping about DC so thanks for being a sounding board. :)