After Arlen Specter lost the Democratic primary in Pennsylvania on Tuesday, I went back through my archives to find the articles I had written about him since his decision last year to leave the GOP.
I still remember when I heard the news the he was jumping what he perceived to be a sinking GOP ship and joined the SS Obama. I was outside planting flowers while listening to Rush Limbaugh on the radio.
The SWAC Girl posts about Specter told the story of the next year ...
- Traitor Republicans (2/9/2009) - Specter votes for the stimulus package
- Arrogant politicians ... not listening to the voters (2/10/2009)
- Defeat Arlen Specter in 2010 ... sign the petition (2/12/2009)
- Could this be true? (4/28/2009) - first reports of Specter defecting
- The power of the ring (4/28/2009)
- Benedict Specter ... fair weather friend (4/29/2009)
- GOP donors demand money back from Specter (4/30/2009)
- What did he expect? (5/6/2009) - Democrats yank promised chairmanship
- Town hells? (8/5/2009) - Specter's condescending attitude at townhall
- Katy Abram ... the new voice of the Silent Majority (8/13/2009) - stands up to Specter
- Politico ... "Forecast for Dem primaries: Ugly" (11/23/2009)
- Specter to Bachmann: "Act like a lady" (1/22/2010)
- Ross Mackenzie: Europe shows America's future (5/16/2010)
Now we've come full circle to the defeat of Arlen Specter who, just a year ago, thought he saw the handwriting on the wall and jumped the GOP ship only to find himself squarely in the middle of a hot griddle of citizen unrest and distrust of the very president he lined himself up with.
The Washington Examiner has all the latest on Specter's loss:
- Specter sunk by Pennsylvania Dems by Susan Ferrechio
- Arrividerci, Arlen by Michael Barone
- "Can Specter have his vote on the stimulus back now?" by David Freddoso