Thursday, May 20, 2010

OBX

Sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean as seen from the deck.

Hatteras Lighthouse.

Searching for shells.


Sailing the Atlantic. The sea is powerful and the Outer Banks are especially known for their rip currents.

The perfect place to watch the sunrise, read, relax....

Sunset over the Pamlico Sound as seen from Oregon Inlet.

Barrier islands ... wild horses grazing by the sea, drives on the beach, searching for shells, the history of ship wrecks and pirates and WW II submarines.

Solitude. This is what makes the Outer Banks special to so many.

Photos by SWAC Girl
Lynn Mitchell
May 2010

3 comments:

Misfit410 said...

Amen, those pictures have me really looking forward to vacation this year, I gave in and went with my brother who is a Myrtle beach guy, and it just leaves me longing for the peace and beauty of the outer banks, the amazing key lime pie at the Black Pelican and the amazing food at the Weeping Radish.

Joy Jackson said...

It all looks so wonderful. Makes me want to be there! Thanks for putting the photos up. I'm more relaxed just looking at them.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

LOL. Myrtle Beach ... "city by the sea." Too much of everything -- people, buildings, traffic, stuff.

Been going to Hatteras with my family since the 1960s when I was a kid. It's way more built up now than it was back in those days but still far less populated than Myrtle Beach and other places.

I love to spend time with the surf and sand but, for me, I'm a mountain girl at heart, content to live in one and visit the other.

Enjoy your Outer Banks vacation this summer!