Monday, June 21, 2010

First day of summer almost passed me by....

It's been one of those days ... busy running with back-to-back stuff going on all day ... and I almost didn't get around to blogging a first-day-of-summer post.

Each year I write about my first day of summer years ago when we went shrimping in South Carolina with friends. Our son was one at the time and we spend all day in the hot, blistering SC sun waiting for the tide to go out, catching the shrimp, then waiting for the tide to come back in to float the boat so we could return to dock. It was a memory to keep for a lifetime.

Today was quite different with a Board of Supervisors staff briefing to attend, meeting afterwards, and then a cookout with friends that lasted until dark. Dark tonight was later than any other because it's the longest day of the year because it's the first day of summer ... which made me think about the post about shrimping.

We will enjoy summer in the Valley....

No comments: